Please read our contracts carefully before deciding if one of our dogs is right for you. We take breeding and bringing new life into the world very seriously and you might not agree with some of the things stated in our contracts. Signing these contracts is a very serious matter and is required to be signed by the new owner of one of our dogs. These contracts are binding and legal.
Contract and Bill of Sale
This is to certify the Bill of Sale of an American Pit Bull Terrier/American Bully from Dark Knight Kennels© .
Information of Buyer
Phone( ___ ) _________________________
Cell:( ___ ) __________________________
For the sum of:$ ________.00
Puppy Being Purchased
Sire _____________________________________________Call Name-______________
Sire Registration number _____________________
Dam ____________________________________________ Call Name-_____________
Dam Registration number ____________________
Pick number# ___________
Name: Heaven Wilson / Donovan Zaugg, Owner/Operator
Phone:( ___ ) ______________________________
Cell:( ___ ) ________________________________
A. Cost, indicated above,$ is due before the dog is shipped or received.
B. A deposit of $500.00 to $800, is required to hold any dog. It is a first come, first serve basis.
C. Puppy picks will not be made until puppies are 4 to 6 weeks old
A. When introduced into new surroundings, dogs are sometimes inclined to exhibit shyness and inactivity. In some cases they may refuse to eat. After becoming adapted to their homes they will readily accept you as their new master and overcome the shyness of the new quarters. You as the new owner have a great responsibility to maintain your dog's emotional and physical well-being.
B. Said dog must be owned, possessed, and kept by the buyer.
C. Dog is not to be Co-owned, given or shared ownership with anyone without signing and agreeing to this contract of sale.
D. If buyer decides to sell the dog, it must be offered back to the breeder first. This is for the life of the dog regardless of how much money has been spent on the dog.
E. If breeder declines to purchase the dog back then said dog may be sold at the buyers discretion.
F. Dogs must never be abused, neglected, mistreated, or used for any illegal purposes such as Dog Fighting, etc.
A. All dogs leave breeder in good health and current on all vaccines.
B. Buyer is to take pup/dog for a health check-up to a licensed Veterinarian with in 48 hours of obtaining it from breeder. Buyer must provide breeder with a full report.At this time the pup/dog is fully guaranteed, any problems must be brought to the breeder's attention IMMEDIATELY.
C. If the pup/dog develops a life threatening illness prior to 6 months of age, breeder is to be notified IMMEDIATELY. The breeder must be provided written documentation from a licensed Veterinarian containing the diagnosis and prognosis of the pup/dog. Breeder will replace the said dog with another dog with similar characteristics. This is at a later time at the discretion of the breeder. It will be the choice of the breeder if the original dog is a replacement situation shall be neutered and left with the owner or returned alive and in good condition to the breeder with a statement from a licensed Veterinarian stating the problem. The health problem cannot be due to nutrition, improper exercise, fighting or bad care. All shipping fees to be covered by buyer. This expires after one year of age. In no cases will pups/dogs be replaced with one of greater value without difference being paid by buyer. Conditions which can be easily treated are also not covered by this guarantee.
D. The blue coat coloring in most breeds is associated with skin problems. Blue coated dogs of all breeds are more prone to bacterial, viral, staff and fungal infections as well as various forms of Dermatitis, Allergies, Demodex and Color Mutant Alopecia. While some of these conditions are hereditary many of them are simply the result of the blue coat coloring. We personally have done a lot of research and discuss this with our Vet. As a result of our findings and the opinions of our Vets we do not guarantee against any skin or coat problems. Nor will we be responsible for skin and coat problems that is common for dogs with the blue coat coloring. Most of these coat problems are easily and inexpensively treated for around $50.00. Most breeders will not tell you about these common problems but we feel it is your right to know. We have seen it produced in all bloodlines and many other blue coated breeds. Not all blue dogs will be affected by a skin problem but you must be prepared to treat your dog in the event that it does. We will not knowingly breed any dog that is a producer of a skin disease. There is no test available for these problems prior to signs of infection. Adult dogs can be carriers and not ever show signs of infection. For more information on this, please discuss this with your Vet. And research it online or elsewhere as we have, before you decide to buy to a blue pup/dog or one with parents who are blue. We will not replace a dog or refund money on a dog purchased from us that becomes affected by Demodectic Mange.
E. If death is caused by accident or poisoning, purchase price will not be refunded. The breeder will not be responsible for any Vet bills or other bills that may incur after the purchase of the dog.
F. Vaccines must remain current.
G. Clean water must be available at all times, adequate quality food must be given, and animal must be kept in a clean and secure enclosed yard or large kennel with appropriate amount of shade and shelter.
H. If at any time during ownership the local law enforcement/animal control feels that the dog is not being properly cared for, the breeder has the option to confiscate the dog immediately and without any compensation due to buyer, and full registration paperwork must be signed and given back to breeder.
I. Puppies are not to be spayed/neutered before 1 year (12 months) of age but preferably not before 2 years (24 months) of age. We will not replace a dog or refund money due to health problems associated with early spay/neutering. More information on this can be found under our Bully Health page.
A. Dog being purchased must never be bred to any other dog unless its a purebred and registered American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bully or American Staffordshire Terrier.
B. Females may never be bred before their third heat and/or before a year and a half of age, which ever occurs first. Also, they are not to be bred back to back heats. A female must have at least a single heat before being bred again.
C. All females are not to be over bred Max. 4 Litters not be be bred over 7 years of age.
D. In the event a buyer decides to breed said dog, the buyer will take all necessary precautions to ensure a healthy quality litter.
A. All dogs from breeder must never be used for any illegal purposes
B. If dog is used for illegal purposes it will be immediately removed from the home and all registration papers must be signed and forfeited to breeder. Criminal charges will then be filed with the proper authorities.
C. This includes fighting, rolling, or facing off a dog with any other animal or dog.
If any part of this contract is broken, the full ownership (Papers) and possession of the dog will be returned to the breeder. The undersigned buyer, breeder acknowledges that this is a legal and binding contract and have received a copy. If this contract is broken and dog is not returned to breeder with signed registration papers the buyer will be liable for civil damages in the amount to be decided by the breeder. This contract here by gives the breeder permission to repossess said dog if any part of this contract is broken.
6. Additional Agreement/Information
Buyer Signature: _______________________________________________
Print name: ___________________________________________________
Phone:( ___ ) ________________________________________
Cell:( ___ ) __________________________________________
Breeder's Name: Heaven Wilson / Donovan Zaugg, Dark Knight Kennel
At times we do require certain puppies/dogs to be spayed or neutered, when buying/adopting one of these puppies or dogs the new owner will be required to sign this contract.
This agreement is made and entered into this ______ day of _______________ 201__ by and between Dark Knight Kennels (Seller) and ___________________________ (Buyer), for the purpose of setting forth the terms and conditions of purchase by the Buyer of a purebreed APBT/American Bully from the litter whelped on _______________________ out of ________________(sire), and ___________________(dam).
For $________________ the seller agrees to sell and buyer agrees to purchase a ______female, ______male companion puppy/dog from the litter described above subject to the following terms.
Seller warrants that the above described puppy/dog is a purebred APBT/American Bully and is registerable______, not registerable _______ with ________________________________, and that the registration papers have NOT been provided to the Buyer as of the date of the completed purchase.
Seller shall provide Buyer with registration papers after receiving proof of spay/neuter from a licensed Veterinarian. Puppies must be spayed/neutered before the age of 24 months, but no earlier than 12 months. Adult dogs must be spayed/neutered within one month from date of purchase. If such proof is not provided within this time, Seller will retain registration papers on the puppy/dog. Buyer agrees not to breed the above described puppy/dog at any time. If the Buyer breeds the puppy/dog, without express written permission of the Seller, the Seller has all rights to the offspring of the above mentioned dog. Seller has the option to take ownership of said offspring/puppies once weaned, but no later than 8 weeks of age, and Buyer will not be compensated in any way for the puppies, nor will be Buyer be due any type of registration papers whatsoever then or in the future.
This Agreement is made and signed by both parties to ensure the well being and protection of this puppy/dog. If the Buyer breaches this Agreement, the Seller is released from any obligation under this Agreement to provide registration papers.
Seller: Dark Knight Kennels
STUD SERVICE AGREEMENT AND CONTRACT
This agreement is made and entered into this ____ day of _________ in the year _____ by and between Heaven L. Wilson or Donovan Zaugg, Dark Knight American Bullies, hereinafter called Stud Owner, and ____________________, hereinafter called the Owner of the Bitch. These terms and conditions are entered into and agreed upon by both Stud Owner and the Owner of the Bitch, who acknowledge the moral and legal worth of this contract.
DESCRIPTION OF ANIMALS
Breed: American Bully/American Pit Bull Terrier Whelped: ____________
UKC Number (or litter number):_________________________________
Breed: American Bully/American Pit Bull Terrier Whelped: ____________
UKC Number (or litter number):_________________________________
In consideration of a stud fee of ________, the Stud Owner agrees to breed the above named Stud Dog _________________________ to the above named Bitch _____________________ with the following conditions subsequent:
GUARANTEES BY THE STUD OWNER
1. The Stud Owner will attempt to get successful breedings on this bitch.
2. If the bitch fails to conceive, the Stud Owner will offer a repeat stud service on the bitch's next season. This repeat service ONLY applies to the dog and bitch named above in this contract.
3. If the bitch does not whelp at least TWO live puppies (live being defined alive on the date eight (8) weeks after the birth), the Stud Owner will offer a repeat stud service on the bitch's next season or the season after that. This repeat service ONLY applies to the dog and bitch named above in this contract.
4. Should the above named stud dog die or become unable to sire a litter after the first breeding attempt has failed, but before the conditions of this contract are met, the Stud Owner will offer a return service from another stud males. If the Owner of the Bitch agrees, the second breeding will occur as in paragraph 3. If Owner of the Bitch chooses not to accept the return service from another stud male, the Stud Owner is released from any further obligations on this breeding.
5. The Stud Owner will furnish pedigree, medical certificates, and photos of the stud dog to the Owner of the Bitch.
GUARANTEES BY THE OWNER OF BITCH
1. She is either a champion or is such quality that she could obtain her championship. She has sound, stable temperament. She has a negative Brucellosis test. She is current on vaccinations and free of internal and external parasites.
2. The Owner of the Bitch will furnish pedigree, medical certificates, and photos of bitch to the Stud Owner.
3. The Owner of the Bitch guarantees that the stud fee will be paid BEFORE the time of breeding and accompanied by a signed copy of this contract.
4. All transportation charges and veterinary expenses incurred as part of, or as the result of this breeding shall be the responsibility of the Owner of the Bitch.
5. Should above named bitch die before this contract is fully executed, the Stud Owner is no longer obligated to give a return service.
6. The Owner of the Bitch agrees that no puppy resulting from this breeding will be disposed of through pet stores, puppy mills, commercial breeders or "resale" operations. If it is found that a puppy or puppies have been disposed of in this manner, the Stud Owner's reputation will be damaged; damages of $2500 per puppy will be owed immediately to Stud Owner. Stud Owner's reasonable attorney fees for recovery of the puppies out of this deplorable situation and/or the collection of the fine will be paid by the Owner of the Bitch.
7. The Owner of the Bitch agrees that all pet puppies will be sold on limited registration and spay/neuter contracts. If it is found that a puppy or puppies have been sold to pet homes without these conditions being met, the Stud Owner's reputation will be damaged. Damages of $2500 per puppy will be owed immediately to Stud Owner. Stud Owner's reasonable attorney fees for collection of this fine will be paid by the Owner of the Bitch.
8. The Owner of the Bitch will not sell or give the puppies resulting from this breeding to a research facility. If it is found that a puppy or puppies have been sold or given to a research facility, the Stud Owner's reputation will be damaged. Damages of $2500 per puppy will be owed immediately to Stud Owner. Stud Owner's reasonable attorney fees for collection of this fine will be paid by the Owner of the Bitch.
9. The Owner of the Bitch will not place the puppies resulting from this breeding in a shelter or humane society, or turn them over to a rescue organization. If it is found that a puppy or puppies have been placed in a shelter or humane society or turned over to a rescue organization, the Stud Owner's reputation will be damaged. Damages of $2500 per puppy will be owed immediately to Stud Owner. Stud Owner's reasonable attorney fees for collection of this fine will be paid by the Owner of the Bitch.
10. The Owner of Bitch agrees to provide Stud Owner with a list of names, addresses and phone numbers of all puppy buyers and 8-10 week old photographs (either online JPEGs or hard copy) of all puppies in the litter.
11. The Owner of Bitch agrees to notify Stud Owner in writing if the puppies display any genetic defect during their lifetimes that the bitch owner becomes aware of.
12. The Owner of Bitch hereby releases Stud Owner of any liability for any sickness, accident or even the death of the bitch while under the care of the Stud Owner.
13. The Owner of Bitch agrees that the bitch will NOT change ownership while she is in whelp, and that the puppies will be born and raised at the home of the Owner of the Bitch. The Stud Owner has partially agreed to do this breeding based on the ethics and responsibility of the Owner of the Bitch. The safety and care of the puppies resulting from this breeding are very important to the Stud Owner. If the bitch changes ownership while in whelp, the Owner of the Bitch agrees to pay Stud Owner a breach of contract fine of $2500. Stud Owner's reasonable attorney fees for collection of this fine will be paid by the Owner of the Bitch.
14. The Owner of the Bitch agrees that all puppies resulting from this breeding will be placed with a contract. Contract must specify that if the puppy buyer is ever unable to keep the puppy, that the puppy will be returned to its breeder or only sold or given to a home approved by its breeder. If one of the puppies resulting from this breeding ended up in a bad home due to the bitch owner's irresponsibility, the Stud Owner's reputation would be damaged. Damages of $2500 per puppy found sold without such a contract will be owed immediately to the Stud Owner. Stud Owner's reasonable attorney fees for collection of this fine will be paid by the Owner of the Bitch.
15. The Owner of the Bitch agrees that this contract will be bound by the laws of the Commonwealth of Montana, and that any dispute regarding this contract will be settled in a Montana court.
Heaven L. Wilson or Donovan Zaugg Date
Dark Knight American Bullies
Owner of Bitch Date
City, State and Zip